Every woman should have a gynecologist they can trust, and it’s best that they have one before any kind of trouble sets in. Picking a gynecologist can be tough though, especially with so many different places to go for information and an increasing number of them available to choose from. Dr. Sam Olu Faleye at the Prime Health Clinic is dedicated to helping their patients make difficult decisions like these, and that has led to this simple guide that can aid you in selecting a gynecological practitioner that’s right for you.
What Makes A Good Gynecologist?
There are a number of factors you can look into when selecting a gynecologist that will help you determine if they’re the right one for you. Some of them are simple elements, such as how many years of experience they have and what kind of reviews they receive, others have to do with their location and availability. The greatest gynecologist in the world isn’t going to help you if you can’t squeeze in an appointment in their busy calendar.
• Experience – The first and easiest thing to check is how much experience they have. If they’ve been practicing for years they’re going to have had a lot of opportunities to gain practical
knowledge about the reality of a gynecological practice. This means they’ll notice things newer doctors may miss.
• Positive Reviews – In today’s interconnected world it makes sense to listen to what the public has to say. Every day thousands of patients leave comments about their individual doctors, slowly building a body of information about the reliability of these medical practitioners.
• Do They Accept Your Insurance – This one may seem like a no-brainer but it’s one that a lot of people forget in their search for the perfect physician. Unless you’re able to pay out of pocket a doctor that doesn’t accept your insurance isn’t going to help you much.
• They Share Your Ideological Views – This one isn’t essential, but it helps when the time comes for making important decisions regarding your gynecological health. You should be able to speak freely about your lifestyle, your choices, and your bodily health without fear of conflicting ideals.
• A Good Bedside Manner – In addition, and honestly almost, more importantly, they should set you at ease when you come into the facility. You’re going to be in a very vulnerable position with them, so feeling comfortable and at ease with them is essential.
If you’re looking for a new gynecologist or need to schedule an exam, pick up the phone and contact Dr. Sam Olu Faleye at the Prime Health Clinic for assistance. During your appointment, you’ll get an assessment and information will be gathered on what you’re looking for in a gynecologist and your medical care experience. Don’t waste another day picking names randomly out of a book, Dr. Faleye will help you find the perfect practitioner for you.
Primehealth Medical Center, P.C.
6637 Summer Knoll Cir
Memphis, TN 38134
Ph +1 901 3725260
Fx +1 901 3868726
Or use our contact form.
We are open during the following hours:
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm